Official Construction Booklet Poll

Should we add the Construction Handbook?

• Yes!

Votes: 132 69.1%
  • No!

Votes: 59 30.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
logo.png

Hey everyone! Some of you may know (most of you may not) that the Staff Team has been working on an official construction Handbook. The Handbook contains every base and specifically defines which defences are permitted and how many concrete barricades are allowed within each base.

Now obviously the handbook is already finished, however considering the recent concern regarding 'strictness' of the rules we wanted to see if you guys wanted it. Below I'll add a Poll, please vote honestly and if after the weekend users want it we'll go ahead and implement it.

Below I'll show an example of one of the pages, bare in mind with each base the amount of barricades and permitted defences tend to change.

tXkYe4Y.png

Thanks Everyone!​

Reaction score
Yes please, its not great to see players getting punished when they are not quite sure about the rules regarding construction. Now they won't have an excuse of not knowing about the rule, and can't complain about it :p

Reaction score
So if we don't want the handbook will the rules about the bases still be in place or not, because from what I got this book gives us information about it, and helps us not to make aids bases, but if we vote no is that voting no to the entire rule of just no to getting this guide?

Reaction score
I think if it doesn't change the rules it should be implemented.
Bases in PERP is a grey area with a lot of uncertainties but if we have this handbook we can confide in it while building and not run the risk of our bases being tore down.

Reaction score
recent concern regarding 'strictness' of the rules we wanted to see if you guys wanted it.
How do we know it's strict if we dont see the full guide. And what's the point of the guide still having administrator discretion ? That would still raise concern on unfairness; one staff allowing it and the other one taking it down with fuck all regard about what another staff said "cuz its in the book" remove the admin discretion. if everyone gets fair treatment ill support it

Reaction score
It would be cool. Since resigning from staff, there were some things that I wanted to check up on in the construction thread, but that's only for Staff Members :D.

Some things are still quite unclear to many, so it would be ideal to let community members know what is acceptable and what isn't due to the confusion.

Reaction score
I think the booklet would just be better containing popular defences/builds that break the rules, explaining why they break the rules. Limiting properties to a certain amount of props is something I don't think is beneficial.

Oh yeah and I cannot support this unless the booklet is released, but not implemented untill people vote on its release and can make changes to make sure any issues can be addressed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
//phone

Ps imo the example is still way to open and doesnt tell me what kind of base restrics movement or not, it should be a very clear instruction because you'll be getting the same issues over again about people getting a month ban over an accidently 1cm-too-far-to-the-right places barrier

Reaction score
Personally, a booklet where you can view what defences are allowed and which are not is a great idea.

Being able to view whether a certain defence is allowed or not and why it would not be with a few clicks will be beneficial to both new and current players as some may need clarification on what is allowed or not.

If this does happen, I do think that the book will need to be regularly updated as people do come up with new base designs so they'll need to be checked if they are completely fine.

Reaction score
I would rather like to see the staff team enforcing headglitching more rather than prop placement in bases when 1 bomb just destroys everything and props don't matter.

Reaction score
This is a very bad idea in my opinion
The Handbook contains every base and specifically defines which defences are permitted and how many concrete barricades are allowed within each base.​

You are encouraging basing as an option over serious RP. This is more basewars in my opinion than PERP.

I understand that some people do just base, grow and raid but is that really the aim of a serious RP server?

Reaction score
I understand that some people do just base, grow and raid but is that really the aim of a serious RP server?

I think one thing that does need to be thought out is that people come onto PERP to only really do a few things:

• People tend to sit inside of a base and grow for hours on end, which in turn means they build defences. This wouldn't be much of an issue for us, however half the time we get consistent reports or have to manually go into the base to edit some defences that we deem unacceptable. Another thing to note is that there are cases where two staff members may disagree, one will allow a certain defence and the other would say it's not allowed; this then leads to confusion between players and can all around be a very frustrating thing.
  • The PLPD don't have to raid often but it still is a possibility. Now if they raid a property that has defences that breach server rules in terms of how their laid out then the chances of them being successful without a fully organised team are very low. This specific example could come down to bad policing however it's purely down to who's online at the time and such.
  • And then you have the very few who decide to go out of their way and do something new and unique. I love seeing these people however their a rarity in my opinion, I almost never see anyone doing this when I'm going around on the server.
I do understand the community's concerns , however some things you guys need to understand is that it's the better your experience when you either decide to base or need to raid from a roleplay perspective. And it's not like this handbook is final, we will get you guys to take a look at the whole thing and make some suggestions via a google forms.

Overall we just wanted to do this for the community, the aim of it is to stop confusion and frustration entirely, just let us know what you think below guys, we really appreciate it.

sorry for terrible english, barely slept last night and this is all over the place.

Reaction score
  • People tend to sit inside of a base and grow for hours on end, which in turn means they build defences. This wouldn't be much of an issue for us, however half the time we get consistent reports or have to manually go into the base to edit some defences that we deem unacceptable. Another thing to note is that there are cases where two staff members may disagree, one will allow a certain defence and the other would say it's not allowed; this then leads to confusion between players and can all around be a very frustrating thing.
  • The PLPD don't have to raid often but it still is a possibility. Now if they raid a property that has defences that breach server rules in terms of how their laid out then the chances of them being successful without a fully organised team are very low. This specific example could come down to bad policing however it's purely down to who's online at the time and such.
  • And then you have the very few who decide to go out of their way and do something new and unique. I love seeing these people however their a rarity in my opinion, I almost never see anyone doing this when I'm going around on the server.

Understanding the community's concerns and addressing them are two different things. You have said what people currently do on the server (eg 1 of the three options above- I would agree) however you have not discussed the fact that two of these options are not serious RP!

We do not have serious roleplay on the server at the moment. Would the addition of such a manual change this so that there was? I really don't think so. In its current state, it is definitely what the server needs since, as you said, staff are inundated with reports about shit bases. However, by introducing this manual you are perpetuating this lack of serious roleplay rather than working to address it.

I would support a manual that heavily restricted the use of things like concrete barriers and wooden fences since who the fuck has these sat in their house anyway?

A quick google search for 'inside a drug house' leads to this being the most sophisticated 'defence' in the top few search results.
16f4cb706d.jpg

It really is time that PERPHeads lived up to the serious roleplay title that the community gives itself.

Reaction score
logo.png

Hi guys,

So, after all the feedback the administration team has decided to allow full access to the handbook for you all to look at (bare in mind that it isn't released yet). Below I will post two links, one will show the full handbook itself, and the other will allow you all to send us specific changes that you would like to be made, as well as any concerns you may have. Thanks everyone!

Reaction score
Understanding the community's concerns and addressing them are two different things. You have said what people currently do on the server (eg 1 of the three options above- I would agree) however you have not discussed the fact that two of these options are not serious RP!

We do not have serious roleplay on the server at the moment. Would the addition of such a manual change this so that there was? I really don't think so. In its current state, it is definitely what the server needs since, as you said, staff are inundated with reports about shit bases. However, by introducing this manual you are perpetuating this lack of serious roleplay rather than working to address it.

I would support a manual that heavily restricted the use of things like concrete barriers and wooden fences since who the fuck has these sat in their house anyway?

A quick google search for 'inside a drug house' leads to this being the most sophisticated 'defence' in the top few search results.
16f4cb706d.jpg

It really is time that PERPHeads lived up to the serious roleplay title that the community gives itself.

Do you really think that if the server was "full blown serious roleplay" that the community would actually exist?, no. Staff have always said that they try and balance the server between serious roleplay, and making the server enjoyable. Who comes onto a game to not have fun!? I think the server is completely fine as it was, sure v1 was very fun but lets be honest it was a complete fuck around compared to todays standard of perpheads. I somewhat dislike some of the rules that have been in-placed however, i understand it can be very difficult.
*Edit*
To add to the whole sitting inside a base and growing all day thing, i hate the fact that perp eats through your life and disallows you to have fun whilst playing the game. I honestly have not a clue of how you are going to sort this out or if you will even, but what i do know is it would be great if something was to change. Not only will more roleplay happen but you will no longer find fuck loads of organisations thinking they are the dogs bollocks because they can sit in a base all day, make money and bomb the fuck out off new players or people actually trying to have fun on the server without constantly defending a 10 man raid with a berretta that they are bound not to win.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As I said in @MrLewis post, I'll be answering a couple question made in the feedback form.

Why are the Business and Bazaar shops not included in this ?

As defined within section 3.7 (Properties) "[...]Any type of fortification or defence in the bazaar or business shops is prohibited." There fore, no clarification is required.

Meth is basically useless if it goes flying everytime you cook it. Meaning no one will do it because the 1k profit is not worth it considering not all will cook at the same time and you will probably end up with fires everywhere in your property and police showing up.

While we removed the "Meth Rule" from the booklet, you are still not to barricade meth in a corner. If you are wanting to do meth you have to live with the risks that come from doing it. If the risks are to great for you, don't do meth.

Why do some only allow us to put down 8 barriers? Whereas it's quite frequent for people to put down 3 defences, each defence consisting of 3 small barriers. Totalling to 9

We've change it to an even amount. Thanks for the feedback.

Regals & Slums: I believe a maximum off 9 should be maintained as everyone is using now.

The aim of limiting the amount of concrete barriers in a certain property was done on purpose, we went over each property and placed down the selected amount of concrete barriers allowed, and we deemed it to be enough. As of right now, we are sticking to those numbers until we see that it needs to be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.