Prohibition PERP: The Idea

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

• No

• FUCK YOU AND YOUR REMOVEAL OF POWERGROWING

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
So I just wanted to get this idea out of my system into the real world, it may become a thing, it probably won't. Whatever happens its an ambitious idea that I wanted to show you guys.

The Synopsis
The gamemode will take place in Paralake, but there's a catch, it takes 85 years into the past. There's been a large lack of roleplay that goes into the time period, as a matter of fact barely any games go into the time period of the roaring 20s or the early 30s. The only modern game I could find taking place is Mafia, a critically acclaimed open-world GTA clone. The nature of everything is changed, from law enforcement, to guns, to crime, to everything. Gangsters have managed to integrate themselves into culture, from books to film, people who have an interest in the time period will find themselves at home here.

Law Enforcement
You have problably said to yourself, "They'll be so many murders thanks to the lack of DNA tech! /me rates dumb". This is somewhat true, murder will be much easier to get away with, but it does not mean you will never be caught. The PLPD will lack CCTV systems, DNA tools, and more modern communication. Radios may only be used in cars, or near supervisor-spawned field radios. But in a later reading, this old system can be the meaning between victory via organization or defeat by clusterfuckery. Dispatcher's will still be present, but will not have the tools available in the modern times, IE; they must take calls directly and radio orders to nearby officers rather than that nifty message popping up in the top left corner. SWAT or TFUs have not been thought of yet, but before you think its going to be a repeat of underarmed sweatercops its not. A ranking system will affect which unit can get more powerful weapons ranging from .38 special revolvers for cadets to the notorious Thompson M1921 for high ranking officials.
33nizwm.jpg
[/IMG]
police_heirarchy.jpg
[/url] upload pics direct link[/IMG]
police_heirarchy.jpg
[/url] upload pics direct link[/IMG]

The ranking system will go as follows
Lt or Chief (1)
^
Captains (3 of each)
^
Sergeants and Detectives (Max of 5 '2 for detectives')
^
Police Officers
^
Cadets or Probationary

But who shall solve these crimes you may ask? Detective Sherloc--- no just a regular American detective! Detectives will have a notebook system similar to the one present in LA Noire (as a matter of fact every policeman will). Detectives upon inspecting a murdered body will gain lore into the person (Name, Owned Properties, ETC), it will contain a TTT style suspect system, meaning people near the body at the time of the murder will be put on a list of suspects. Various questioning and then take place, this system may not work and is bound to change.

Weapons
Guns everyone wants one. Assault rifles have not been invented yet, and automatic weapons as a whole is a relativity new technology. Meaning there will be a limited selection of automatic weapons, and they will be not cheap either. The limited selection of weapons means that the firearms level as a whole will be reduced, from 125 to possibly 75.
Heres a WIP look into the guns you can get

*Available to police

S&W Model 10 *
Colt Detective Special *
Colt M1911 *
S&W Model 27
Mauser C96 M1896 (Semi auto)
Mauser C96 M1898 (Full auto version)
Luger P08
Winchester Model 1897 *
Winchester Model 1897 Sawed off
Winchester Model 1912
Winchester Model 1912 Sawed off
Double Barrel Shotgun
Lupara (Sawed off DB shotgun)
Thompson M1921 *

Thompson M1928A1
B.A.R M1918A1
Springfield M1903A1

The Economy
The economy in PERP will be much more player-based than the one we currently have. Items that go for sale will still be on a tethered price and be affected by the sales tax, but thanks to a unique economic system, even crime revolves around the working class.
There will be other ways to legally make money in Paralake, farming, fishing, cooking, becoming part of emergency service, are some of the things you can do.

Farming will be the primary drive in Paralake, farmers can plant crops; grapes, grain, and tomatoes, the list will be limited. Farmers will sell their yield either direct;y toward players or to a Stock based NPC who can sell the farmers yields to the public. Like the drug dealer this NPC will never stop buying, farmers will also be protected by rules, meaning that raiding a farm just to steal crops will be put out of the game. Farms in Paralake will be the size of the small Subs houses, with a small house shack and a small area of land that should be enough to plant crops. Fishing is a related system, the same NPC will buy fish indefinitely and it can be sold to players.
Crop and fish prices will change with the sales tax, but otherwise its cost is always tethered.

When the yield is bought, it can used to cook. To encourage RP, cooks will be job that must gotten via speaking to the CH NPC. Cooks do not need skills to cook and can create
restaurants. Cooked food cannot be sold via cash register, to prevent get and go eateries, this means players must sit and eat and pay their bill like a good little boy. To top it all off, to prevent food hoarding, food will spoil after several IRL days (IE; three days). But grain and wine can be used for less-than-legal things.

Crime and Bootlegging

Creating alcoholic beverages will require grain and grapes from farmers, meaning if there are no farmers, there is no bootlegging... nor food. To create alcoholic beverages from scratch, it will require an org of at least 15 members with at least 10 online. When all org requirements are met, an org leader can speak to the local bootlegging NPC and purchase a fermentation machine. These machines are expensive, they can reach prices of up to 60K, the machine is also very big, but the dough is worth it. After a set amount of time depending on the quality of the drink (Beer is a cheap drink and is not worth a lot, but it provide a smaller prepare time, the list goes on with wine, booze, and whiskey). After the time has been spent, the org leader can press E on the machine and it will spawn a large barrel of the drink. This barrel must be transported to the bootlegging NPC we spoke about... BY TRUCK. Meaning that during the time it takes to transport it, it is vulnerable to rival orgs and the police, so there will be more lucrative roots a yield truck and its guards can take to get the drink to the NPC.

Because apartments are usually used by small groups to grow, and that the machine requires a lot of room and guarding, there will be no apartment complexes in 30s Paralake, only restaurant buildings and large glass co-style buildings will be available, as well has street shops and markets.

Bank robberies will have a different system than the one we have. The heist group must stay near the bank manager with guns out like what we already have to part of the robbery, when this happens, the vault will take about 1 minute to open, when it opens, money will spawn inside and it can be taken, but if the robber is killed the stolen money is dropped, where police can return it for a reward or it can be reclaimed by one of the robbers (it cannot be picked up by people not part of the robbery).

The Map
Paralake will be smaller in the 30s because there are no apartments. Subs will be replaced with a farming and fishing district; AKA a rural district. On the other end of the city there will be an industrial sector, filled with large warehouses, factories, and small shops and markets. In the center will be the heart of the city, it will be where crafting items, farm and fishing NPCs are located, and where city jobs can be received. A 30s style hospital, PD, RC station, gas stations, and various other places are located here and will be bustling with cars and the pedestrians.

Cars
Cars will be ported and retextured from http://realcarfacing.hu/ an HD Mafia mod. Please see the website for a list and variants.

Tell me what you think
Do you guys think that this can become a project? Give some constructive criticism and tell me what you think of the project.

Reaction score
I like the thought of RP in this time period, the point is it's just way too ambitious.

- The community would be either A: split between these two servers or B: not play it at all.
- Sure, it's a 'project' but the problem is, is it really worth all this effort for it to then possibly flop?
- Most of these weapons would need to be added and reworked as well as the cars.

Once again, ambitious but I like the idea. Having played and administrated many of these communities I can tell you though that interest is lost quickly. Maybe that's just due to the people running it being lazy or something, but that is just my take on it.

Reaction score
You know me too well.
Probably won't ever happen but it has to be realistic and I swear to god if I see some of the rejects I see on the main server on this one dicking about I will kick my dog in the nuts.

Last edited:
Reaction score
For the higher class of players (Olsen etc) the way you spend most money is on cars. Mainly super cars but they will not be invented in your time period which would mean rich players would have 10 mill+ in Bank at all times.

Reaction score
Maybe make it so all the people that are banned are not banned on this server if it gets added cuz otherwise it wont be populated like the main server is becoming.

Reaction score
This looks like a new and fresh idea that i'd love to see, it would change the server and the kind of role play a lot though. And as other people have said, is it worth so much development time to make a huge change that could cause the server to die out if its not made properly?

For the higher class of players (Olsen etc) the way you spend most money is on cars. Mainly super cars but they will not be invented in your time period which would mean rich players would have 10 mill+ in Bank at all times.

If you don't understand back in those times there were still expensive cars, they just weren't like the ones you see today. Theres alot of content that could be introduced to reward older players who have already invested alot of time into getting money.

Maybe make it so all the people that are banned are not banned on this server if it gets added cuz otherwise it wont be populated like the main server is becoming.

Banned players are banned, they should not be allowed to play on servers they cannot abide by the rules on.

Reaction score
If you don't understand back in those times there were still expensive cars, they just weren't like the ones you see today. Theres alot of content that could be introduced to reward older players who have already invested alot of time into getting money.
What I am trying to say is, players won't be motivated to get yer nan's Ford Capri from 1968.

Reaction score
So far with the exception of some revolvers, there are 3d models already available for every weapon listed. I have some experience in animating and Rigging sweps in blender but I still lack the knowledge of coding qc files and vmt. I've been looking through the rcf files and looking for ways to port them.

Its an ambitious project I know, but impossible? Perhaps, perhaps not

Reaction score
The effort will cost to make this realistic can better be spent in the awesome server we have to day. Paralake is still a good map with many players and an active community. Can't we just focus on the map and time we have now?
I mean a lot of things are not done yet with this game as we have it right now. For example, my mouth is still not moving while talking. I pray that @Xquality will fix it.
Just start focusing on these things before we start an entirely new concept.