Defences and Construction Booklet Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
logo.png

Hey everyone!​
So as previously announced me and @Bolli decided to post a poll asking the community if they'd favour a guide as to whats allowed and what isn't allowed in terms of defences within the gamemode. After leaving it for 24 hours the community voted for the booklet. As such me and @Sgt.James cleaned it up, and now it's finally ready for release. Couple of pointers below for those who want a little more information:
  • To access the booklet, simply hover over the "Rules" hot bar and it will appear, simply click on it and there it all is.
    5a2tse7.png
  • There may be a few loopholes here and there, if that's the case simply contact me or @Sgt.James and we will go ahead and remove or add content dependant on what we need to change.
  • Information within the booklet covers and explains the following: All bases and possible amount of barricades allowed in each one, Player movement and overall realistic prop placement.

We hope you all enjoy this change, remember this is for you all, therefore if there's any issues in the slightest please do let us know. Anyways we hope you all enjoy this and use it to it's full potential, bare in mind an official rule will be put in place to make sure everyone is following this booklet.

Thanks guys!

M

Reaction score
Additional: find what was deleted in this forum update!

Reaction score
I'd like to see clarification regarding props used in bazaar shops. Although we're all aware any kind of fortifications are forbidden, I'm unsure as to whether I can use a short wooden fence to hide my druggies from view whenever I open the back or not. I've been told by some staff members that it's permitted, however I assume that others likely disagree, considering any kind of prop used to hide the sight of something as a defense in some way or another. Clarification of this within the document would be appreciated.

Reaction score
I really despise the fact you mention how a wooden floor can hold around 6 tonnes when a concrete floor can hold 6 tonnes? Why don't you just scrap this rulebook as non of it makes sense. You're just making PERP more difficult to the players and makes people not want to play as they can't enjoy the server from staff members touching up on defences due to a floor not holding 6 tonnes.

Ask yourself this, if a elevator in real life can hold 2000kg around 24/28 people then that's two concrete barriers, why can that carry a quarter of the weight but also be flimsy

Ps look at floor plans of real designs of blocks of flats and then implement off real factors or just remove scrap this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I really despise the fact you mention how a wooden floor can hold around 6 tonnes when a concrete floor can hold 6 tonnes? Why don't you just scrap this rulebook as non of it makes sense. You're just making PERP more difficult to the players and makes people not want to play as they can't enjoy the server from staff members touching up on defences due to a floor not holding 6 tonnes.

Ask yourself this, if a elevator in real life can hold 2000kg around 24/28 people then that's two concrete barriers, why can that carry a quarter of the weight but also be flimsy

Ps look at floor plans of real designs of blocks of flats and then implement off real factors or just remove scrap this.

While some of the defences mentioned in the booklet may not be realistic in terms of what you mentioned, the main aim of the booklet is to make the defences more balanced and to rule out unfair advantages commonly used by the defenders. Even though the Community had some input in it, changes may still be made afterwards to make it more enjoyable for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.