Zan116's Enforcer Application V1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score

OYiRFPt.png

4153474.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:
Monday 9th March 2015
Time: N/A​
Topic: Zan116's Enforcer Application
Version: 1.1

My fellow members and respected staff of 'PERPHeads' and my good friends, this is my first application which I will be making to become the first staff rank on 'PERPHeads', Enforcer. I thought that I should begin this application with a message as I do with all other applications. I am a huge supporter or 'PERPHeads', it is without a doubt one of the greatest servers on Garry's Mod and the only server I play on but for some reason, I always seem to get in trouble, hence all of my warnings and bans over the six months which I have been in this community, officially. I understand that many of you may not support me or my application for the amount of warnings and bans I have had in the past but I have been trying my very best in order to follow the rules in recent times. I have now not been banned for almost two months and I believe that I am understanding rules and reporting breakers a lot more effectively and efficiently now to the point where I believe that I am able to begin enforcing them. I have also been having a lot of issues recently in-person which have been causing me to be slightly depressed and upset but I have tried my best to come back from my great depression. I hope you understand my point and that you leave any questions, feedback or concerns in a reply to this thread or contact me on steam, any constructive criticism is appreciated. Enjoy my application.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application:
Name:
My name is Zayne.

Steam name:
My steam name is Zan.

In-game name:
My in-game name is Zack Robberts, formally known as Zack Ryder and Zachary Rylan.

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:46619422

I am currently 15 years old, turning 16 in November.

Country/Origin:
I was born and raised in England however I do travel and move often.

Time played:
I have now played for 1 week and 2 days (approximately).
gip06w0.png

Contact Information:
Steam: Zan
Email: [email protected]
PSN: Zanster89

Why do you want to be an Enforcer?:

-Experience-

There are many reasons for me wanting to become an Enforcer. Firstly, I would like to become an Enforcer because I believe that I have enough experience from 'PERPHeads' and from other servers in the past in order to roleplay effectively (I am not the greatest roleplayer ever), some of which including multiple 'DarkRP' servers, 'Half-Life2 Roleplay' servers, 'Realistic Roleplay' servers and many more. 'PERPHeads' is the one PERP server which I have spent a lot of time on (6 months) and I finally believe that I am able to play the server without getting into trouble all the time but actually being able to effectively report rulebreakers and roleplay to the best of my ability. My experience should allow me to handle certain situations sufficiently and quickly.

-Activity-
Secondly, I feel that I am a very active member who spends a large amount of his time playing the server, day in and day out trying him best to get involved in the game itself, not sitting around growing drugs and mugging people all day. I play my best to play the majority of jobs available on the server simply to fill in the empty spaces in order for the roleplay to run smoothly. I also enjoy playing and experiencing the different types of jobs and realize how different they are and how differently they play out, again linking with my experience on the server. I have played for over one week and have donated towards PERPHeads numerous times. I try my best to be dedicated even after having issues in real-life and I believe that this dedication can show my trustworthiness and love for the server.

-Personality-

Thirdly, I believe that I am one of the most calm and collected people despite having many issues which I have to put up with all the time. I believe that I am somebody who others can relate to and speak to if they ever have issues of any kind as there is a chance I have experienced them myself and I can be very understanding of what people are going through and what people are thinking. I like to believe that I am a 'stick to it' type of person, someone who does not quit until the job is done which I believe is an attribute required for an Enforcer.

-Skills-
In have collected a list of skills which I believe will help me perform well as an Enforcer:​
  • Civility - I am a polite and well-mannered person who can respect others, their opinions and beliefs, courtesy.
  • Mature - I like to believe that I am mature as I have been told by many people both in real-life and online.
  • Neutral - I do support or help either side, I am unbiased towards people and subjects unless clear evidence has been given.
  • Patience - I do not rush people, I can wait patiently for things to be done.
  • Reliable - People can rely on me to get certain tasks done no matter how complicated.
I have more skills such as real-life skills, writing skills, speaking skills and so on.

Are you active on Teamspeak?:
Surprisingly, I am rather active on Teamspeak however I feel like I become too distracted from the server by it. Although I am always open to messages and such and online most of the time. I will become increasingly active on Teamspeak from now on.

Do you have anything else to say?:
I hope that you can all give me a chance so that I can prove I am able to handle this role despite having been a rulebreaker in the past.

Requirements:
In order for your application to be considered you must meet the following requirements:
  1. Your time played on the server must be at least one week. ☑
  2. No recent in-game bans on record. ☑
  3. You must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the server rules and laws to the extent where you can Enforce them. ☑
  4. You must have access to and use a microphone. ☑
  5. You must maintain an active presence on the Teamspeak server. ☑
Thank-you for reading my friends, I hope you can consider giving me a chance to prove myself.

Last edited:

M

Reaction score
Glad to see this application. You're a really nice guy that demonstrates some quality roleplay and frequently engages in community activity (such as the shoutbox and forums). I have worked with you in the past and I feel that you would be an exceptional candidate for this role.

The only caveat I can provision is your prior record of 6 total bans and 8 warnings, the most recent being:
79fd30af0c.png

However, this need not affect your requirements to apply; I would advise, though, taking great care with your future activity on the server in order not to receive any more punishments that could lead to sanctions against this extremely well-written application.

Having balanced my inquiry, I feel that I'm on the border of giving it my support: others may need to be convinced by you keeping a fresh record for a little longer, though.

+SUPPORT

Reaction score
I do not believe you're ready to join the staff team as by your history on the server, if we look through your earlier posts it does look like you got some personal issues that goes over your time on garrysmod which basically makes you sad / angry which I would not like at all. Yes you're a great guy and you got the rule-knowledge however have you got the balls for it?

MattIs

Your application is really nice, I must admit and very well structured. I think you would make a good staff member, but your record is not the best, I'd try and wait a bit longer and then re-apply? :)

Reaction score
+/- Neutral
Hi Zan your application looks really nice! But you should wait a few months before applying! Since you have many recent bans and warnings well not sure if its in the 30 days but still. I highly recommend that you wait. Good luck!

Reaction score
Thank-you for all the replies, I understand all of your concerns. If the staff-team do not give me a chance to prove myself, I will wait for a while and improve upon the points highlighted.

User0

We have played as cop a couple times by your in game name but I've never seen you in the /help or in ooc.
Your OOC name is Zan116 right?
Anyways if I see you help out more Ill consider to support you.

amr

Reaction score
So just to start it off hopefully you can understand a thing or two:
  • You started a debate if you were going to leave or not in my opinion i felt like it is kind of attention seeking which is not good.
  • As I said above you posted it a few weeks ago and now you are applying for enforcer I do not think that that is the right why to go.
  • I think that 6 bans and a ton of warnings is not the ideal reflection that this community needs for an enforcer, I know you will say that it was "ages ago" but you still got them. You might also say "Then what should I do then? Well you will need to cover up your past mistakes and show us you really want this staff position.
Unfortunately it's a -support from me. Try and do as I told you and then reapply later.

Reaction score
I would like to go into detail with my response to @Assar 's 'feedback'.

Firstly, you said "You started a debate if you were going to leave or not in my opinion i felt like it is kind of attention seeking which is not good", I want to start off by saying that I was going to leave and was very close to until other people over steam told me otherwise. My issues are personal and most likely are issues that you are not currently experiencing. The fact you tell me that I was attention seeking is correct and incorrect at the same time, I pretty much have nobody to help me in life right now thus I feel like I have to result in asking for help from others over the internet. I do not feel that this should be a valid reason to not support me but (of-course), your opinion is your opinion and I cannot entirely influence that.

Secondly, you said "I think that 6 bans and a ton of warnings is not the ideal reflection that this community needs for an enforcer, I know you will say that it was "ages ago" but you still got them. You might also say "Then what should I do then? Well you will need to cover up your past mistakes and show us you really want this staff position", as said by Panda, my bans and well over 1 month old now and I have been trying my best to work upon my past mistakes, thus the reason for not getting into trouble in recent times. You have given no advice on how to improve on this point and this does not exactly alter meeting the requirements, however I understand your point. EDIT: Furthermore, you have told me to cover up my past mistakes, I am trying to do so over time as there is no other way to get those bans 'removed' or make people forget about those bans but you are saying that it being "ages ago" is not a good reason and that I still got them is not helpful and makes no sense to me.

Thirdly, you said "Try and do as I told you and then reapply later.", you have told me to do as you told me however I do not feel there is much here that I need to improve on... I understand your points risen but some I cannot change. Perhaps offer some constructive criticism and how I can actually improve on the points you raised. I do however thank-you for your reply to my application.

Reaction score
+SUPPORT

Reason: Zan is a friendly guy who aims to help anyone that needs it, I've seen him myself try his best and I think he deserves a chance to prove himself as an enforcer, he's going through some hard times and yet he's still able to maintain his attitude of being a helpful and friendly guy.

Ayjay

Reaction score
You know what, this is really something.

Most people don't put effort into their applications anymore, and this is an example of how must a little effort can portray someone as being an Enforcer.

However, it's not about quantity it's about the quality of your work and your overall work and dedicaiton.
Your roleplay knowledge, rule knowledge and law knowledge and overall understanding of the server is through the roof and to be honest I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be an Enforcer.

Complete support, and not because of the pretty layout.

Ash

Reaction score
Not sure if i am Plus supporting or Minus supporting at the moment. I regularly see you on Teamspeak and In-game which is obviously a good sign, however i don't really see you helping out as much as you could in game. Ie using /help and other aspects like that. A few moments ago you posted this in OOC chat:
2e9879df22.PNG

Well from that i can see a lot. If you seriously want to become a staff member, this is no starting point to become one, is it? Obviously, this is disrespectful towards the person who you were talking about and as staff or even when you're applying for staff you need to show that you know the rules and that you're going to stick to them- not break them. 'Stop Breaking Rules'- When you say this, i would simply just report it, other than moaning in OOC (which everyone does).

Other than that your Application is nicely set out with a great amount of detail in it explain why you want to become an enforcer, i would just like to see you around a bit more before giving my support. As @AyJay stated it's about dedication and contentment to the job, i would like to see a bit more of it. (Helping in /help chat, Forum Help other things like that)

Reaction score
Could this application be closed please?
These are the reasons:
  • I do not feel I am ready for this position.
  • I need to improve on my activity out of character.
  • I need to improve my roleplay ability slightly.
  • I need to wait a month or so longer considering I have many bans and warnings only around one month ago.
  • I feel like if I become (I probably would not anyway) become a staff member, a lot of the fun would be taken away just as it has on other servers. Overall, i'm just not feeling it anymore. I would rather show I am a worthy candidate and generally a good person before becoming an Enforcer.

Status
Not open for further replies.