Rule 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
If you are concerned about privacy then this is not the server for you, @Fredy can acess ur pc when your on the server

You all keep getting the wrong idea. This is not just about privacy, and I already knew a lot about this, I myself am a Network Administrator, my problem is with the fact that I am obligated to give my property away, violating my property rights.

Reaction score
f6CWYnT5S2SSJCc0nF8DLw.png

you-gotta-pump-those-numbers-up-those-are-rookie-numbers.jpg

I removed 41.2gb of demos yesterday lol

dog

Reaction score
You all keep getting the wrong idea. This is not just about privacy, and I already knew a lot about this, I myself am a Network Administrator, my problem is with the fact that I am obligated to give my property away, violating my property rights.
you don't have to give anything away if you don't p̶l̶a̶y break rules¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Besides, I'm sure there are plenty of more invasive things going than a single game server recording things that only happen in game
maxresdefault.jpg

Reaction score
i personally believe that demos should be removed so i can do my business on the server without those pest staff members like @Niko who come up to me and ask for my demo and credit card information :(

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Not only does this clutter up my storage on my PC which is already limited, but this is simply unethical in terms of people's privacy.

I feel that this rule needs to be reworded to not include the requirement to provide demos and the server needs to stop automatically recording my gameplay and storing it on MY PERSONAL PC.

f6CWYnT5S2SSJCc0nF8DLw.png

This is wasting space on my PC which could be used for many better purposes. These files are considered my property, and by you threatening me to keep them for a minimum of 21 days is simply unethical, when you don't even own that property.

If this was really such a HUGE problem for you. I'm sure you would have cleared all your demos before it got to the point where it was 23 GB in your storage. 21 days isn't a lot to cry about in a thread and shouldn't take up a lot of your precious memory. The purpose of the rules is so staff can obtain sufficient evidence that's obtainable hasn't been tampered with. I'm sure thats worth much more than your storage needs.

Reaction score
I already knew a lot about this, I myself am a Network Administrator, my problem is with the fact that I am obligated to give my property away, violating my property rights.
787fa060dceddf04afd54f84abceecf22087de8a395e09bab5910cd5ae4ba9fa.jpg

What does being a 'Network Administrator' have anything to do with knowing your privacy lol?

If you don't want to give the demo's in situations that require them that contains nothing more then some gameplay then just don't and accept the fact you get banned? It doesn't even contain your own voice either, playing here is not a right but a privilege.

Reaction score
Only your game gets recorded, NOTHING ELSE. Nothing of your privacy is at danger.
I dont blame you for thinking this but I wouldn't get too involved on something you clearly have 0 fucking idea about. I assume you've never had your game crashed because @TinySlayer thinks he can catch cheaters (he cant, the anti cheat is fucking trash. l8r bitch) and you've never had your overlay literally crumble because its being spam screenshotted by some random mod who has no fucking idea on what they are doing when it comes to cheating or metagaming? They've never had reason to believe I was cheating or meta gaming yet they still resort to this cancer. Stick to demos and I'll be happy, remove the steam overlay and Tiny's shit anti cheat as its fucking useless anyway

Reaction score
To be fair, if you really don't like this version of the rule. By all means go ahead and make a rule suggestion here.
Server discussion isn't really the place to put it if you're looking to make a change.

Either way, this thread is kicking up quite a lot of dust at this point an-

my problem is with the fact that I am obligated to give my property away, violating my property rights.
You're not serious are you?

Better remove demos entirely so we can't be asked for them, which incidentally allows me to metagame in peace too, maybe even minge as roadcrew safely when no stafferino is online yes.

Reaction score
Im going to apology for my bad english and grammar/grammer already.

My friend as i can read i understand this situation this way that you are pissed because of the rule 1.4 telling you to keep a demo 21 days before deleting it and it is a waste of storage you said and you dont wanna delete the files every month because you lazy. This is how i understand this you said stuff about rights aswell but mostly you are pissed because you are just being told to keep something on your own property wich belongs to you etc.

im pretty sure most gamers get a 1 TB hard drive and even the richer gamers get a small SSD for only the system to run faster and a 1 TB hard drive for all the programms and games.

1 TB is enough space. You dont even need all of the 1 TB currently im only using in total 500-600 GB and i have 1 TB hard drive for years its in good condition because every week i run 2 different clean programms, a Anti virus checkup and Disk defrag programm. To keep my hard drive alive cuz im a broke nibba who cant even afford 8 GB DDR3 RAM.

Anyways lets say you dont have 1 TB like a friend of mine. What you could do is im not sure but google something if you are able to write a small programm wich automaticly deletes all demos wich are older then 21 days ? Im pretty sure you could do something like that and even if you dont know programming just google it but since im not 100% sure if you can do something like that but thats just a tip from my side.

But if you dont have 1 TB avaible then just make sure you often clean your PC and don't caught any viruses if you are sure you dont have virus just still run a checkup because we all are humans and we do mistakes etc. Just manage your storage much better if you like perpheads and play on it. Im Pretty sure the owners though of "law plebs" and did a Terms of something i forgot how you call that its that Terms stuff wich none reads and just accepts it.

And btw for you as someone who is worried about personal stuff being leaked or whatever. Quick and Fun Fact: Did you know in the Windows 10 Terms it says that they are allowed to go through your personal stuff even folders or zips with passwords they are allowed to look in there and the data anytime they want if they feel like you are a threat to your country or you are a spy or sum like that.

Reaction score
I have realized that many people here get offended easily, and many others have opposed my ideas respectfully.

I am not a hippie, like many people out there are thinking right now. I am very conservative man who simply wanted to see the views of other people. I clearly have seen the position many people have taken on this situation.

In light of this, can a forum mod lock this up before more of hell breaks loose?

Reaction score
As this is closed and I have an administrator card that I can use and reply to closed threads; We need to keep demos, we need to have evidence for different situations if you are involved in one we want you to make it easier for us to come with a solution for the situation instead of just banning someone which might include you.

Also you don't need to put a full stop then say period and then put a full stop again, you could just press . and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.