Double Barrel Buff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/double-barrel-discussion.17576/#post-122952

Main Idea: New fire-rate for the double barrel

Full description of the idea: Adding the ability to shoot both barrels at one time with the double barrel, doing this would make a more powerful shot while keeping it's accuracy.

Why should it be added?: I've recently seen a video of @Slayerduck using a double-barrel when defending his apartment, and it took him 4-6 shots to kill one of the raiders, I found this obscene. I found the main problem was not the power, but the second shot after shooting the first would be pretty much shooting at the damn ceiling. Adding the ability to shoot both shots at once would make a single powerful and accurate shot, but the recoil being twice as powerful. Switching to this mode would of course be E+Right-Click like every other firearm.

Pros:

More powerful shot
Maintaining accuracy
Makes the double-barrel a bit more appreciated
Possible higher demand for the sale of shotgun ammo

Cons:
Twice the recoil of a single shot
Ammo goes by faster

Images/Video:

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you train shotgun marksmanship you can already shoot this very fast and accurately.

Level 1
dc80e712e8b0c65e5d4db22f28eb0002.gif

Level 99
7aff15396f0b4f24dfbf9714325df96c.gif

So if you have low marksmanship the recoil is fairly high yes, but also because you can shoot it much faster than any other shotgun it's quite balanced for being an early unlock and a fair bit cheaper than other shotguns. Regardless of marksmanship level though, shotguns are fairly deadly at close quarters combat which is where 70%+ of combat happens in the server, there's no reason to make any buffs to this that I can see. Shotguns need to be relatively balanced like any other weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.