Reaction score
recently bought my self a antique raleigh sprite road bike
i will be restoring it and posting some more pictures as i go
currently the costs are so far

Bike£50
tyres£10 [used but in good condition not installed yet]
tools £8
bits to restore it [polish etc] £10

i will post updates but right now i have to pop off to the shops to buy some steel wool

Reaction score
I am looking at converting my push bike to a e-bike, any tips?

Just because the city I live in is very hilly and I am cycling for 4+ hours a day. I’m not lazy!

Reaction score
dont go for the low wattage kits like 250 300 make sure to go for something higher because on hills 250 will suffer
now legally in the uk you cannot go above 250 watts and the power must be displayed on the motor but for 4 pound you can get a stickers SAYING its ''250w''
just dont speed or ride like a idiot and the police wont give you a hard time about electric motors basically

Reaction score
p.s make sure your bike is safe enough to reach the speed the kit will allow you dont want a wheel coming off at 40 mph its not fun

Reaction score
I don’t think I’ll go above 250W, I have enough leg strength, just needed a bit of assistance on the steep hills.

Reaction score
Honestly at this point buy yourself a nice E-Bike which I did. 2K Euros can be a lot but I paid off the financing in 3 months. They come with warranty and a workshop you can visit for maintenance yearly.

Reaction score
@Efan honestly 250w is disapointing go for 400w because if you really struggle at some points 400 wil help you

Reaction score
Any recommendations for where to buy one?

Reaction score
@Efan no clue for British shops, I got it from a actual big shop that specializes in bikes where you can test drive them on a test track and give you recommendations for what things you're going to use the bike for

Reaction score
Update

new front tyre fitted [that was a pain in the arse ]
polished the rear shopping holder a bit [not done yet as i need to remove the rust using something strong]
new stickers are being orderd in as the side sticker with the company name is scratched
polished the bell too will take pic's once i apply the finish

[all the random string on the floor is from the price tag wires the tyres came with]

Reaction score
depends i kinda love it too much to sell but at the right price maybe