Police Suggestion Plain Clothes - Incentive for Undercover Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Plain Clothes - Incentive for Undercover Units
Suggestion Description: I saw a suggestion for more unmarked vehicles be denied for lack of the current ones being used and I think the main issues with that is the limit on them as I always prefer to use one but one is already out and you can’t get more until a policy is put in. But also the fact that it is really easy to identify a police officer, the amount of times I’ve responded with no lights and sirens giving me a few extra seconds of not being realised but then they have already either lit me up or ran off because of the uniform, so make it an ability for RTU to go plain clothes only while using an undercover unit, it can be set outfits so no one’s going in a suit and top hat but giving us that option would allow for much better undercover work

Why should this be added?:
- it will bring a whole new change to undercover vehicles and role play
Allow officers an advantage over stolen vehicles or wanted vehicles

What negatives could this have?:
- it may cause confusion if an undercover officer responds to a raid as the defender may think it’s a raider, however that could be solved by modelling a badge on the waistband on the set outfits or putting a radio in the back pockets. A policy could also be written that they are not to respond to raids or at least be first on scene.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: It would bring better police role play and give the PLPD the element of surprise that they lack currently, and would also give an incentive to use unmarked vehicles

Reaction score
mate again yall dont understand here, its not gonna be a suit or smt they have on if added, thats absurd.
make crim harder anyways, too easy to grow
not about the growing part here, talking about raids, i would rather not waste time looking if its an undercover cop or if its a normal civ

Reaction score

This idea has been discussed before, after speaking with other developers, and members of SMT we do not feel like this idea will really work within the context of PERP

Status
Not open for further replies.