Police Suggestion Some way to combat not being able to set warrants

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Some way to combat not being able to set warrants
Suggestion Description: All the time especially when the zergs are raiding I see that there are no officers on who are able to set warrants/wanted for questioning which is very annoying because criminals can kill like 5 cops with no punishments.

Why should this be added?:
- Realism
- Stops pesky criminals

What negatives could this have?:
- dev time

What problem would this suggestion solve?: many points in a day criminals can wipe the 4 cops on and get away with it

Last edited:
Reaction score
What are you actually suggesting? You're stating that you encounter times where warrants can't be set but you aren't giving any solutions to the problem.

Reaction score
maybe automatic warrants when dna gets uploaded if there is no officer on duty that can place a warrant?

Reaction score
maybe automatic warrants when dna gets uploaded if there is no officer on duty that can place a warrant?
i see the vision, but then again if its for something like self-defence, its been called in and dealt with, but then dna is uploaded and a warrant is out for arrest for a guy that didnt do anything. kind of abit scuffed.
every player would be marked with a warrant if perp had auto warrants lol

Reaction score
if u red the replies on that post u will probably understand the problems with that.

Reaction score
A few ideas:
If no corporal or higher is on next highest rank gets wanted for questioning
If no corporal or higher is on all DNAs are saved until corporals or higher review it
If no corporal or higher is on some sort of auto warrant thing is on however any cop can remove the warrant in case it was dealt with

Reaction score
What negatives could this have?:
- dev time
  • This suggestion could make it even harder for criminals to operate, leading to further frustration and a decrease in people playing as criminals
  • It seeks no fairness without hiding behind the sole argument of "Realism, the police department must establish complete control"
  • Implementing a system where warrants can be set without Sergeant+ online could potentially lead to abuse or misuse of the system by players
As a person who plays both factions, your suggestion has zero oversight, it should never be automated or given to lower-ranked officers, there should be a reason why people are entrusted with the rank of Sergeant. The solution is not necessarily complicated, you can either work on improving yourself to attain the rank of Sergeant, or you can personally investigate and search for the suspects, waiting patiently for a supervisor to come on duty who can issue the warrant for the properties owned by the suspects, so you can conduct a raid

Reaction score
  • This suggestion could make it even harder for criminals to operate, leading to further frustration and a decrease in people playing as criminals
  • Implementing a system where warrants can be set without Sergeant+ online could potentially lead to abuse or misuse of the system by players
there should be a reason why people are entrusted with the rank of Sergeant.
I realise the title is a bit misleading, but I am referring to wanted for questioning not warrants and I agree with Sergeants only having warrants. The main thing I am suggesting is that criminals are not able to murder people without making effort to hide bodies and be able to get away with it without getting into trouble with cops later on. This means that the chances of criminals succeeding a raid does not decrease, but they will still have to either continue the life of crime or hand themselves in.

Reaction score
I realise the title is a bit misleading, but I am referring to wanted for questioning not warrants and I agree with Sergeants only having warrants. The main thing I am suggesting is that criminals are not able to murder people without making effort to hide bodies and be able to get away with it without getting into trouble with cops later on. This means that the chances of criminals succeeding a raid does not decrease, but they will still have to either continue the life of crime or hand themselves in.
Wanted for questioning warrants are for setting a warrant because someone has to be questioned. Its not a replacement for the normal arrest warrant system just because there isn't a sergeant+ on. Which, it was being used for in the past, hence its update to corporal+ only being able to set them now.

Reaction score
It seems unnecessary to put out a "Wanted for questioning" warrant for people who are already in the police database for murder when their DNA matches the one that is found at the crime scene, just make a remark instead for them to be warranted. In such cases, it's pretty much game over for the criminal anyway, they are more than likely to be convicted one way or another soon as there's a Supervisor on. Your implication of a specific scenario is quite rare, and there are very few examples of it occurring to even deem it a problem. Instead, it might be more effective to create a thread elaborating on your suggestion with greater clarity to address this. Alternatively, you can start a discussion thread because there is a general struggle to understand

Reaction score
I am open to suggestions however the following ideas will not be implemented:
- Auto Warrants based on DNA Upload
- Giving groups like TFU the ability to issue wanted for questioning warrants

Reaction score
I am open to suggestions however the following ideas will not be implemented:
- Auto Warrants based on DNA Upload
- Giving groups like TFU the ability to issue wanted for questioning warrants
So my idea would be @Sindarin so when there are sgt+ on CPL can’t batter ram doors without a warrant but then when there are no SGT or Higher on CPL can then batter ram doors without a warrant
So it would work the same when there are no SGT on CPL can place warrants but when a SGT+ is online CPL can not place warrants think this would be a the best idea as you are a semi superior when there are none on and I believe CPL can be trusted with placing warrants