Carjacking is 5.1?

Reaction score
is gunpointing someone out of their car and having them hold E to throw your their keys in a desperate situation where you need a getaway vehicle classified as break of 5.1?

Reaction score
is gunpointing someone out of their car and having them hold E to throw your their keys in a desperate situation where you need a getaway vehicle classified as break of 5.1?
I would say so yes. The server rules states in it that you can only be mugged in a location out of view there for it should be classified in your context a rule break of 5.1. If that helps you that is fine. If am wrong and someone needs to correct me that is fine as well.

Reaction score
I would say so yes. The server rules states in it that you can only be mugged in a location out of view there for it should be classified in your context a rule break of 5.1. If that helps you that is fine. If am wrong and someone needs to correct me that is fine as well.
Never had to deal with someone forcing to take away someone's keys, but I did think about it myself in the past.

But essentially that's what crowbars are for and you can't really force someone to add you as a buddy, the same way you can't force someone to add you as a buddy to raid their property, whether they are in public or not.

Reaction score
Interestingly enough there are no rules to say you can't gunpoint someone and force them to give you keys / storage etc.
Storage would be a 2.1 violation. Why would items you own be retrievable from a storage chest in a property you had to gunpoint someone inside to gain access to, and why would items stored in that situation find their way back to you?

Reaction score
It is not 5.1, as nothing is being taken.

The permission system is an out of character tool, so there would also be no feasible way to steal the keys to someone's car, in-character. This is also supported by the fact that I can give any permission to anyone on the server (including keys (Drive Car)) regardless if they are in my vicinity or not, and as such no action is performed.

Therefore, you may not interact with the system in-character by forcing permissions.

Reaction score
Personally I don't see how this would be a 5.1 violation either.

Storage would be a 2.1 violation. Why would items you own be retrievable from a storage chest in a property you had to gunpoint someone inside to gain access to, and why would items stored in that situation find their way back to you?
To be fair, the general principle of personal storage is a 2.1 violation in itself, which is tolerable given that the gameplay aspect must be preserved. Theoretically, storing an item at Suburbs Storage and retrieving it at another property is unrealistic aswell.

With both scenarios in mind, I personally believe that, as no rules stand in its way, any person must comply when they are threatened to hand them keys to their property or vehicle, a threat that can be complied with by performing a "/me"-action. Given that forcefully taking someone's keys is not an implemented feature, players can perform a /me to take their keys, upon which they would have to comply by adding them as their buddy, at least as long as the thief remains alive.

Given that there is no regulated definition of "mugging", 5.1 wouldn't apply as at the moment, mugging is mostly seen as the under-gunpoint robbery of droppable items. Vehicles, or rather precisely car keys, are not droppable items.

It is important however, that this must occur under conditions that wouldn't unnecessarily risk the freedom of the robber, more specifically that it shouldn't happen in the middle of the street, but rather in more secluded areas or generally areas where immediate police response is unlikely, as 3.4 would apply otherwise.

Reaction score
you gunpoint somebody and take something from them in public.

How is not 5.1 who cares if its items or a car
Matters how we define mugging precisely. If it is generally the act of threatening someone directly with harm, forcing them to hand over any sort of possession including keys to other possessions, it would classify as 5.1

If we were to define it as how muggings are more widely seen as in-game, more specifically gun-pointing someone and forcing them to drop in-game items or money, or to have them zip-tied and taken items from them, it would technically not classify as 5.1

Meaning, for the time being it would be admin discretion

Reaction score
Personally I don't see how this would be a 5.1 violation either.

To be fair, the general principle of personal storage is a 2.1 violation in itself, which is tolerable given that the gameplay aspect must be preserved. Theoretically, storing an item at Suburbs Storage and retrieving it at another property is unrealistic aswell.

With both scenarios in mind, I personally believe that, as no rules stand in its way, any person must comply when they are threatened to hand them keys to their property or vehicle, a threat that can be complied with by performing a "/me"-action. Given that forcefully taking someone's keys is not an implemented feature, players can perform a /me to take their keys, upon which they would have to comply by adding them as their buddy, at least as long as the thief remains alive.

Given that there is no regulated definition of "mugging", 5.1 wouldn't apply as at the moment, mugging is mostly seen as the under-gunpoint robbery of droppable items. Vehicles, or rather precisely car keys, are not droppable items.

It is important however, that this must occur under conditions that wouldn't unnecessarily risk the freedom of the robber, more specifically that it shouldn't happen in the middle of the street, but rather in more secluded areas or generally areas where immediate police response is unlikely, as 3.4 would apply otherwise.

To 'hand items over', aka drop, you use the drop mechanic. It is not valid to use '/me gives my keys to the car to Skudist' or '/me takes car keys from Skudist' as a system is in place that supports transfering items from one player to another (dropping, using zipties). As such, it is not intended and you may not perform such an action as it is against 3.26.

Reaction score
To 'hand items over', aka drop, you use the drop mechanic. It is not valid to use '/me gives my keys to the car to Skudist' or '/me takes car keys from Skudist' as a system is in place that supports transfering items from one player to another (dropping, using zipties). As such, it is not intended and you may not perform such an action as it is against 3.26.
3.26 does not forbid the depiction of actions that are not intended to occur. By your logic, handing someone their ID to another person can not be depicted per 3.26 as transferring items to others is implemented, but transferring factually non-existent documents (like factually non-existent keys) is not implemented in this sense.

The /me system is supposed to fill in the gaps where the implementation has left holes.

Likewise as car keys factually do not exist as interactable in-game items, performing appropriate /me's would replace or represent that

Reaction score
3.26 does not forbid the depiction of actions that are not intended to occur. By your logic, handing someone their ID to another person can not be depicted per 3.26 as transferring items to others is depicted, but transferring factually non-existent documents (like factually non-existent keys) is not implemented in this sense.

The /me system is supposed to fill in the gaps where the implementation has left holes.

Skudist, it is pretty straightforward and mentioned in the first sentence. You may only use /me to depict actions that are already not depicted effectively in the gamemode. Dropping items is effectively depicted.

If you'd like to nitpick, yes, your character does not possess an item called ID. These actions are used by players to enhance their immersion and doesn't do any harm or alter the gamemode.

Reaction score
Skudist, it is pretty straightforward and mentioned in the first sentence. You may only use /me to depict actions that are already not depicted effectively in the gamemode. Dropping items is effectively depicted.

If you'd like to nitpick, yes, your character does not possess an item called ID. These actions are used by players to enhance their immersion and doesn't do any harm or alter the gamemode.
But vehicle keys are not implemented in-game items. Thus it can not be effectively depicted within the gamemode. Because an act hasn't been implemented, I wouldn't classify it as not-intended, which either way wouldn't barr you from depicting via /me unless it violates other rules.

Reaction score
But vehicle keys are not implemented in-game items. Thus it can not be effectively depicted within the gamemode. Because an act hasn't been implemented, I wouldn't classify it as not-intended, which either way wouldn't barr you from depicting via /me unless it violates other rules.

It is, ultimately, irrelevant whether keys are an implemented item or not. You mention handing keys over and using an action. This kind feature is made possible and is depicted by a system. If this system does not allow dropping of a certain anything (holiday annual gift) then it is not intended to be dropped.

Reaction score
It is, ultimately, irrelevant whether keys are an implemented item or not. You mention handing keys over and using an action. This kind feature is made possible and is depicted by a system. If this system does not allow dropping of a certain anything, then it is not intended to be dropped.
I don't see how an act that hasn't been implemented as a feature would necessarily imply that depicting it via /me is forbidden or rather not intended, it is very possible that this scenario wasn't immediately thought of in implementation (especially considering that I believe that the buddy-/permission system is one of the oldest systems of the gamemode)

Either way, I wouldn't interpret 3.26 to be forbidding such kind of acts either way to be depicted via /me as I don't see any mentioning of such not to be depicted, unless it is considered an unrealistic action (or would otherwise violate other rules).

Reaction score
The literal definition of mug is to publicly rob someone.

5.1 makes sure that people mug in private places.

Car jacking can actually be better for the server, for example:
If I’m in a raid, and my car is disabled but I need quick getaway before reinforcements come I can either kidnap a pedestrian and force them to drive me away but alternatively I’d obviously prefer they throw me keys either willingly or by force so I can get away faster to preserve my freedom.

keys is an actual in game item you have in your 5 slot, you can click E and use a in game mechanic to give another player the key. I think it doesn’t need a /me. It would be logical for a rule suggestion to be made to see what people would say about 5.1 having an exception like the aforementioned example where you desperately need a getaway but you don’t want to be forced into kidnapping a player.