Server Suggestion Add MVA/RTC/ETC to the quick incident menu for all jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Add MVA/RTC/ETC to the quick incident menu for all jobs
Suggestion Description: The new quick incident menu is great but it lacks one for RTC/MVA calls which are incredibly common on the server. These need to be cleared quickly and this would help to avoid having to make custom details by typing and reduce time given to provide aid.

Why should this be added?:
- One of the most common types of incidents on the server and thus should have a premade template.
- Speeds up clearing of crashes as you don't need to write the incident out as most ignore anything they dont know.

What negatives could this have?:
- Clogging the quick incident menu but this is hardly an issue it barely takes any room.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: The menu lacking the option right now. It should have it.

GP

Reaction score
The problem with a "Traffic Collision" incident template is that it usually comes along with a "Person Dying" incident, which should take precedence.

My current plan is to add a "Request Traffic Unit" template that will serve as a generic incident for the following situations:
  • Vehicle(s) obstructing the road
  • Vehicle needs impound/clamp
  • Anything that requires an RTU unit specifically, such as scenes that need someone directing traffic or setting up cones in the professional way
"11-84 Traffic unit needed"

Reaction score
The problem with a "Traffic Collision" incident template is that it usually comes along with a "Person Dying" incident, which should take precedence.

My current plan is to add a "Request Traffic Unit" template that will serve as a generic incident for the following situations:
  • Vehicle(s) obstructing the road
  • Vehicle needs impound/clamp
  • Anything that requires an RTU unit specifically, such as scenes that need someone directing traffic or setting up cones in the professional way
"11-84 Traffic unit needed"
I would agree with you except mid to high rank firefighters are completely capable of dealing with RTC issues independent of RTU. We have barricades, we have the FBC, we have the 2nd heaviest vehicle on the server to use as a barricade to protect against high speed vehicles of which i've done ingame in accordance to my irl traffic safety certs with great success ingame.

Perhaps change the wording to something generic like Traffic Incident or Road Incident? The description can say the 11-84 code of course but the name should be more open ended.

GP

Reaction score

While firefighters can handle traffic to a certain extent, this incident template will be meant for requesting a traffic unit and the text will directly reflect that. The dispatcher can later assign whoever they want. If you've made arrangements with them, you might be able to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.